Friday, September 14, 2007

Reflections on the 23 things

Even though I cannot imagine that I will ever manage to make use of all the options that I learned about, I found this program extremely illuminating and am grateful that I am now better informed about these possibilities than my teen-age sons or my techie husband - first time ever!
Here are some personal highlights:

Second Life - Was truly a new concept, even though I cannot imagine to join myself
Bloglines subscriptions - Very convenient
Yahoo-Online docs (forget the proper name) - Finally a place for several people to edit the same file
Audio-Ebooks, Podcasts - Perfect entertainment when on the road!

I was no too fond of the myriad of personal blogs, because their quality is rather 'uneven' and while personal experiences are interesting as literature - maybe - I really don't need to know all of them.
The tag system was not convincing because one still got too many entries for general ones and almost nothing when looking for something rather specific. I think libraries could provide some help here.

Many thanks to Ginny for making this available to the Library Staff and to the Library 2.0 team for the time, effort and encouragement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.